•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
olsqueak

Blumat maxi tropf ?

Hello,I want try blumat maxi for watering plants.

I want know if some growers use this system for watering ?

If I well understand water come when soil become dry and you can Regulate water flow....?

Thanks before for you're help.

Have good vibes One Love.

• Like 1

I used blumats for almost 2 years and really liked them. They must be installed properly, reservoir needs to be high enough and it takes some experimenting at first to adjust them properly. Once adjusted they work very well. I would not run nutrients through them though, you should hand water for feedings. I  quit using them only because my bum leg doesn't like to bend over so I raise all my pots and then my reservoir was not high enough. Good  luck.

• Like 2

Hey now olsqueak. I have been using blumats for quite a while now. I moved up to 15 gallon bags and added a single maxi to water the middle.  I have 2 regular cones with 3 drippers each running in a ring around the edge for complete coverage. Everything Beachbud said is spot on. The only thing I have ever added to my res, which is a 19 gallon tote, is hydrogen peroxide and mosquito dunks when I had a gnat issue.

My setup is not the most efficient, as the res is only raised about 30" due to height issues, but the run is only 5' so it works fine.

The biggest thing you need is the ability to catch a full res of water if you get a runaway cone.  It has happened to me twice, and it is a lot of water to clean up if you can't contain it.

Good luck with your setup.

• Like 2

Hello,shoeless do you have pictures of your ring for complete coverage ? I think it can help me doing the same....

Beachbuds do you think I can add some Molasse in water with Blumat ? I use only organic nutes bac bio or sugar canne Molasse.

Do you think molaase can stop the water flow from Blumat maxi tropf ???

I can read than I can Regulate the water flow turning top....I make test for looking what's height I must put water tank.

Thanks for your help and comments 

Big up have good vibes One Love.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, olsqueak said:

Hello,shoeless do you have pictures of your ring for complete coverage ? I think it can help me doing the same....

Beachbuds do you think I can add some Molasse in water with Blumat ? I use only organic nutes bac bio or sugar canne Molasse.

Do you think molaase can stop the water flow from Blumat maxi tropf ???

I can read than I can Regulate the water flow turning top....I make test for looking what's height I must put water tank.

Thanks for your help and comments 

Big up have good vibes One Love.

I would run only water, no additives. The tubing is rather small and the flow rate is slow so anything added to the water has a good chance of building up on the walls of the tubing plugging the line eventually.

• Like 3

Here you go. One long cone in the middle, a regular cone on each side connected to drippers.

20210318_162721.thumb.jpg.513f4089b4dd6894018e9e84bdede927.jpg

The clover has taken over. Every now and then I cut tops off the clover. It grows back pretty quick.

20210318_162743.thumb.jpg.5b9ee916cfb6fd55804c0d62c8a6ecd8.jpg

• Like 4

Nice to see,thank's for sharing.I need to buy the biggest tub and connector to water tank I  only reiceive the little size tub.

Big up,have good vibes,One Love.