•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
organically challenged

Dusting off some Holy Princess seeds

I have had these seeds in my fridge for many many years and finally decided to pop them.  My last run with Octopots wasn't a great one, apparently I'm the only person who can fail them.  I decided to go back to hempys buckets.  These are 2 gal buckets 100% perlite.  Water only grow using 4 tbps of osmocote plus CRF fertilizer pellets mixed in the media.   I may add some jacks bloom later flower.   Using RO water with 1 tsp of calmag and 2ml of hydroguard per gallon

Started April 1st so 1 month of veg.  Probably going to flip Sunday depending on the growths of my last toppings.   I'm really bad at determining preflowers, it looks like 4 girls and 1 male which is perfect because i want to make some seeds to preserve this strain in my seed vault. 

IMG_20210430_191524.jpg

• Like 4

I love the scent of HP, but the buzz kind of puts me to sleep. It seems to be the Santa Maria parent that tends to do me in.

How are these going man? I’ve never tried these. Didn’t know you could grow in pure perlite too so keen to watch:D.

I was thinking about Octopots myself, can you tell me what you didn’t like about them or what issues there may be?

• Like 2

They are going well.  21 days of flower and smelly , just defoliated them today.  Only ended up with 2 girls and unfortunately the male I selected to keep to make seeds just stopped drinking and growing and wilted away . gave up today and threw him in the compost bin so unfortunately this strain will be lost for me.  I will upload some pics when lights come on.  

It wasn't that I didn't like the Octopots, they worked fine, absolute thickest stems I have ever seen on a plant, but I really like the simplicity of this water only hempys bucket. I got the same return with 2 plants in hempys vegged for 1 month than I did with 3 plants in Octopots vegged for 2 months.  I will admitt that I was experimenting with a new style of growing(tried mainlining for the first time) so I don't really blame the Octopots for the low output because there's plenty of evidence that they grow monsters on this forum.   I think I was just trying too many new things at once(Octopots, new nutes, new growing style).   

I will probably give them another go next round , will add more perlite to my promix next time, I think my mix was staying too wet toward the bottom, roots werernt growing into the resovoir like I see in most grows, they were coiled around the bottom of the grow bag. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah sick, thx for the info man. Yeah a lot of crew here seem to swear by them but they aren’t easily available where I’m at. I’d like to try them one day though.

I looked into Hempy buckets after seeing your post- very simple and cool, so cheers for that. Might even try one out in some spare tent space. Keen to see your progress man.

Those plants in the pics above are being mainlined too right? Looking good.

Lazy mainline, I basiclly topped  and grew out like a X with 4 branches and then topped once more.  I let whatever was coming up and not I the way of others go.  One plant was growing sideways so I had to improvise.  

IMG_20210524_181115.jpg

IMG_20210524_181119.jpg

IMG_20210524_181123.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/22/2021 at 7:10 PM, organically challenged said:

They are going well.  21 days of flower and smelly , just defoliated them today.  Only ended up with 2 girls and unfortunately the male I selected to keep to make seeds just stopped drinking and growing and wilted away . gave up today and threw him in the compost bin so unfortunately this strain will be lost for me. 

Why not reveg the better of the two females?

• Like 2

I have a big enough seedbank to not really care about losing this strain.  As long as I have my stash of Chucky's bride f2 Im fine. Plus I have so many strains I haven't grown out that I'm not going to mess around with revegging .  

• Like 2

Day 35 of flower.  So far running on only the osmocote CRF granuales as fertilizer.   Today's water I added 1/2 teaspoon of Jack's bloom and see how it handles it.    I do have the Jack's pk boost which I may add in a week if this feed doesn't show any over fertilization issues.  Plants are growing like champs.  

IMG_20210604_124611.jpg

IMG_20210604_124615.jpg

IMG_20210604_124618.jpg

• Like 2

Day 42 I fed with jacks 5-12-26 twice this week and now going back to plain water for the remainder of the grow.   Some of the pistils are going orange so I'm guessing maybe 2 more weeks.   Will be removing fan leaves tomorrow.     The smell on these plants is regoddamndiculous.  Reminds me of Jilly bean from TGA, fruity bubblegum.   Starting to feel bad about not being able to make seeds and save this strain.  

20210611_170551.jpg

20210611_170547.jpg

20210611_170542.jpg

• Like 2

So a question about revegging.  You cut the tops off and leave some small bud sites from the bottom of the stems and then turn the lights back to 18/6 correct?  Then do you just takes clones from the reveg and make a mother plant?  

• Like 1

bingo ;) depending on genetics nonstop-lighting is better sometimes.
you can also cut roots 25% off and repot into the same pot with a bit new
soil for new rootgrowth, that also helps ... good luck, brother.

• Like 1

Got them chopped and hanging.  I dry in my tent.  I have the exhaust fan at its lowest setting. Do you guys have any other fans going if you dry in tents?  Currently I have a small fan turning on for 15 mins every hour.   Would it be better to just leave it off and use the exhaust fan as the only air circulation in the tent?  

Also looks like I may have some inadvertent seeds.   I didn't poke around to deeply since I did just a quick trim removing large leaves.  Found some popped bananas.  Doesn't really matter to me since it's all personal use and I vape everything.  I actually hope to find some seeds.  

18 hours ago, organically challenged said:

Got them chopped and hanging.  I dry in my tent.  I have the exhaust fan at its lowest setting. Do you guys have any other fans going if you dry in tents?  Currently I have a small fan turning on for 15 mins every hour.   Would it be better to just leave it off and use the exhaust fan as the only air circulation in the tent?  

If it is humid, I would suggest running the fan continuously. I use an indirect fan, sometimes a dehumidifier, sometimes an AC unit, but always a fan. I don't do it in a tent though, in a closed room.

• Like 1

Dried, trimmed and jarred.  4oz of the smelliest shit I have ever smelt.  I thought chuckys bride was a stinker.   Last week of flower and during the hang dry my carbon filter could not keep up.  Even now when I empty jars during cure I have to put the buds back in the tent with the carbon filter because just 10 mins out this morning my entire house still stunk when I got home from work 8 hours later.     

Chucky had denser flowers , these are a little airy but not bad.   

I'm telling you all perlite hempy buckets with osmocote crf fertilizer is a very easy way to grow with good results.    I didn't have any issues this grow.  Only additives I used was cal/mag since I was using RO water and hydroguard.  Also 1 tsp of Jacks bloom booster for 3 waterings during weeks 5 and 6 of flower(Definitely not needed I just had it on hand and decided to give it a go) Never tested or adjusted PH or anything, no deficiencies just happy plants all grow.  Definitely helped having the bigger buckets this grow,, the one gallon buckets from the chucky grow caused alot of issues..   This grow outperformed my previous grow with octopots.