•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
tacman7

Summer 2021 Start June 1

I actually gave them a few more weeks, I unplugged the lights on Aug 15.

They're looking pretty healthy, been having cool weather and cold nights, got heat wave next week.

That should be good for flower.

Grow1.JPG

Grow2.JPG

Grow3.JPG

• Like 2

This is the only box that has 4 plants in it.

They get a look like they're taking over the place!

It will be good to see if the boxes with 3 do as well or better in the long run.

Air space gets to be a premium.

potshot.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Going along, looking pretty good a few plants have nutrition problem leaves as far as coloring but only down low on the plant, the top is looking green.

Starting to see flowering getting going. Hope they stop growing now.

FlowerStart.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is one of the plants with a little burn maybe, you have to scroll up or down the see the fire leaves.

FireLeaf.jpg

Be nice if I could recognize what the colors mean in a plant. 

Jungle3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That isn't nute burn, it's a potassium (K) issue.

Could be from a deficiency or could be blocked by high calcium (Ca) levels.

A few years ago, someone (Mulder, I guess) came up with this diagram to show the kinds of nutrient interactions plants deal with. You can really see how a Ca-hog plant like cannabis can cause problems.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Mulders-chart-shows-some-of-the-interactions-between-plant-nutrients-Interaction-A_fig2_269070969

Edit: Wait, I am seeing a little nute burn on some leaves. But still, those symptoms toward the bottom of the plant look like K.

Edited by Misterdirt
noticed something else

Thanks, hard to know what's gong on in the beds.

I had some color things earlier but they all look the same to me.

So I just started adding a general organics feeding for a few weeks, plus I've put a lot of other stuff on there but it wasn't right, needed more.

I have friends with worse problems. My beds were built right so I have to learn how to replenish the soil in the off season better.

They built their beds a few years ago (no layers) and now they're having problems. Short of buying all new dirt, I don't know.

I guess you can try and back into a no till grow by adding another board and another layer to the bed etc.

Anyway things coming along bit by bit.

Prog3.jpg

Prog2.jpg

Prog1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 9:17 AM, Misterdirt said:

That isn't nute burn, it's a potassium (K) issue.

Could be from a deficiency or could be blocked by high calcium (Ca) levels.

A few years ago, someone (Mulder, I guess) came up with this diagram to show the kinds of nutrient interactions plants deal with. You can really see how a Ca-hog plant like cannabis can cause problems.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Mulders-chart-shows-some-of-the-interactions-between-plant-nutrients-Interaction-A_fig2_269070969

Edit: Wait, I am seeing a little nute burn on some leaves. But still, those symptoms toward the bottom of the plant look like K.

I thought the same thing, but his grow is very lush with nitrogen, so thinking nute burn.

Kind of looks purple in this pic, I harvested green buds last year (a little early but they looked good) then the other buds turned purple.

So I'm hoping that happens again, getting little low on purple...

PurpleQ.jpg

• Like 3

Pretty fall colors

fallColor1.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

WONDERFUL grow tacmann7!! Those look awesome!! For myself, I think your end time colors are perfect, as she is consuming the stores of starches in the leaf. I also think Mister Dirt was spot on with the K ratio, if I'm understanding some of this process, but without enouth K, to drive the bud building stage can look to be a N over dose. BUT that is just my opinion, and what I practice.

I think for myself, I've been so over thinking, this organic or salt fertilizers, that we forget it's all the same chemical reactions, and roots do not care who drives, just feed me a balanced diet. 

Thanks

After a hard start they seemed to have made a good comeback.

I'm starting to take bud pics cause I think it's getting closer to harvest time.

I'm seeing a little color in the tops maybe soon for them.

14 plants this year, usually 30, but I think they benefited from the space.

The purple tiped plants may be King Sherbet. 

B1.JPG

B5.JPG

B3.JPG

B7.JPG

• Like 6

I keep holding out, waiting, taking lots of pics and looking for problems.

Yes this bud looks nice but could it use a little bit more time?

We have about 3 days of sunshine so after that I start for real maybe.

This brings procrastination to a new level.

B9.jpg

• Like 6

I was very lucky, ambered up pistils, and a bit of amber, I started seeing bud rot and pulled them. Was hoping to take them a bit farther to get those pretty colors like you are getting. Looks great.

Rained day before yesterday and I didn't even open the box.

Now it's a fight, I see little signs of damage but I found 3 live worms working hard.

So who gets the pot? Me or the worms?

I'm stepping it up on the cutting, trim it or loose it!

Everything is really greasy.

I trim the bud at the end of each stalk when ripe. After that cut the next few buds really puff up and get sparkly.

It's more than if you left it alone, I think. Makes bigger buds for sure.

I took some end stage pics but man I'm not liking my camera, have to think about what to get for bud pics.

• Like 2

I picked up one of those inexpensive microscopes, love it, can take pics with my tablet. This pic was a bit out of focus, but love those purple trichs. If you are like me you will be checking out your skin and everything around you ha!

plants black cherry soda 3 chop day trichs 10 5 21.png

• Like 2

That could be useful if you can use it in your grow to asses what to pick...

This could be interesting...

Last phone I bought I got a Samsung A12. That's an economy model but has similar camera like the  big boys.

This macro lens thing might have a shot.

I really don't get that much color out of my tricombs, more like they  break down and degenerate, 

Never seen anything like that, looks like the ad: This is your brain on drugs!

Learn something every day.

• Haha 1

You will have fun, you will be able to see them now. I have a fine tremor so scopes were not cutting it for me. I always check trichs before I harvest.

I have to get a new phone, guess this cheap Obama phone needs upgrading, have no idea what to get, budget-friendly for sure.

Well that's it, cut my last bud, end of grow.

June 1 to Nov 1, 5 months.

I thanked the plants for their gifts and a wonderful season.

Now my cousin will pick the remaining small stuff.

To get the medicine consistent we stay away from any immature buds.

He cleans it up then I'm going to have him spread an inch or so of dirt, then plant seeds for annual rye grass.

That and I have some mixes too with bunch of Winter seeds.

So that will be the start of next years grow. That rye returns the most carbon, I think I read that...

I think I can get a decent camera setup for some pics, that's a separate thread, getting macro lens to work on @$$!!#!! phone.

These were cut 48hours ago, alternate universe.

Image larger so click to see full size

ES2.jpg

ES1.jpg

• Like 6

I thought I had white powdery mold on the last batch.

I cut so much I couldn't trim it and laid it out so I was worried.

When I look at it, it looks like wpm. But camera sees it differently.

Photo doesn't look like wpm.

One thing different on this grow is I used some crab meal early on, but also in the middle of flower I added some more.

I was thinking it would pick the grow up at the end when it usually goes downhill too quick.

I see degraded tricombs but also perfect round ones, growing new tricombs next to old field of them, looks like.

I have to say very little insect problems this year, bad start with the gophers but that's what the universe wanted.

No insects might have to do with the crab meal, the crab shells cut insect bodies type of deal, I also dusted the plants with diaEarth and dipel dust a lot when they were young.

Bud3.JPG

Bud2.JPG

• Like 5