•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
olsqueak

Solar pannel grow Possible ?

Hello,all growers around the world.

I plan to move in new place where I have only Solar pannels do you think possible to do a leds grow with solar pannels ? For the moment it have 3 solar pannels and 2*200A battery but I want add some solar pannels for more watts.....

Thank's before for your help,big up have good vibes,One Love.

I contacted HLG about that very question. They simply said, they had no idea. Nor did they want to get involved either.

Short and sweet. I think you can run the numbers from the tags on your LED's, fans, whatever you are running, that tell their requirements to make them work. Then run that through a solar panel calculator.

*You can calculate how many solar panels you need by multiplying your household's hourly energy requirement by the peak sunlight hours for your area and dividing that by a panel's wattage. Use a low-wattage (150W) and high-wattage (370W) example to establish a range (ex: 17-42 panels to generate 11,000 kWh/year).*

Then reading down more: *It’s important to note that solar panels don’t operate at maximum efficiency at all times. (See Solar 101: How Does Solar Energy Work?). Weather conditions, for example, can temporarily reduce your system’s efficiency. Therefore, experts recommend adding a 25 percent “cushion” to your target daily average to ensure you can generate all the clean energy you need.*

I could only find a grow or 2 over the years that was using solar panels. It was a small personal grow, that was started and stopped posting and I can only think, they were not doing all the well.

I believe you will need a combination of solar, wind generator, and small ICE machine generator to make power on demand as you need it. 

Wish you the best in your project !!

• Like 1

I think it would be really dependent on where you live and seasons.  In the winter I only get 8-9 hours of sunshine a day.  I'm sure with enough panels and storage batteries you could make it work but that could get costly.    I would look at your electric bills and see how much you are averging to get a idea of the system size you would been.  

• Like 1

Hello,webelzr and organically challenged.Hope all is fine for you and your green lady's.

I plan to use solar panels and motor generator diesel.

I can read than motor generator have high coast.I must calculated coast for looking if it's possible.

Big thanks for your help.

Have good vibes.Big Up,One Love. 

• Like 1

Maybe a generator on an exercise bike...

• Haha 1