•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
tacman7

Improvements for my Oil

I've tried quite a few ways to make a body rub/sleeping oil.

You get high and your ears ring if you overdo it. But the directions on the label say: "Overdo it!"

Currently I use an instant pot. I turn it on for 7 minutes.

So that has to heat up the cup of water in the bottom and get up pressure then cook for 7 min.

Takes a long time to cool. But that's what I do for a day and a night is turn it on whenever I see it cool.

Maybe 10 times or so.

Inside I put ground up good pot, not messing around here, and enough coconut oil to cover it. I use one pan of a two pan stainless set that fits into the cooker.

The other pan I put some water in.

The pans close tight so not any noticeable water do I see in the oil.

Any suggestions on things I should try?

Maybe additives?

I tried some before haphazardly, have to start again on that lesson.

Mainly adding very much diminishes strength seems like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you want to bump it up a bit, add some essential oils. They seem to synergize with cannabis. I put about 20 in mine. You do it at the end of the process. Adding emu oil, helps it take it down into the layers of skin.

• Like 1

I still have some MCT oil and should have some emu left over also.

What does MCT bring to the table?

So in 2 cups of oil I would add how much emu? teaspoon or two?

Thanks for your help!

Not MCT oil, Essential oils :) Such as lavender, black pepper, arnica, ginger, etc. Look up pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory essential oils, add it at the end. If you want it to be stiffer add 1 part beeswax to 4 parts oil. I would add 1/4 cup emu oil.

I have used MCT oil to make a waterless lotion since it stays liquid, but use regular coconut oil such as you for the balms. I use cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil, and emu oil as my carrier oils. I infuse the coconut oil and cocoa butter, strain the herb, then add in beeswax, emu oil, an emulsifier, then shea butter at the end, remove from heat and add essential oils.

• Like 1

Ok, that putting cocoa butter in to heat is something I want to try, have to see what that would do.

I'll try the emu oil again.  

I'm going to try 1 min cook time on the instant pot. It has to heat up and build up pressure and the timer starts for 1 min.

It takes a long time to cool down and loose pressure. So I just kick it on when ever I see the pressure down, maybe 8 or so times over two days.

The oil doesn't have any burn smell to it. That was was a trademark of some of my other methods.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1