•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Sacred Plant Warrior

Query about Sour Diesel led to this story

I'm terrible with the weed history but I have a lot of friends that are steeped in weed lore. In a recent post on Instagram, Stoney explains the origins of the Sour Diesel clone as well as his male -

I cut and pasted it because I know everyone is always curious. Here ya go...

"SourD wasn’t a bag seed regardless of what they say.... it was made by mike clop the weasel... he started with northern lights crosses into chemdog to make chem lights then took a make from his chem lights work and hit up super skunk ... that’s the truth on SourD .... to put it nicely a lot of them chemfam guys memories are selective or just shot... but mike is sharp as ever... that’s where sour came from...
I wouldn’t by any means call it a true ibl but for labeling purpose the male came out of a pack of rez gear from the 06-07 release of his sour ibl line ....

Have a great weekend, and smoke lots of the sticky stuff for me.

Peace, KB

So, does anyone know Stoney or mike clop “the weasel” ? As I haven’t heard of mike/weasel nor this version of the creation of sour d !

please chime in if you know more details anyone thx 

@santero @Misterdirt

• Like 2

hehe, lemme guess ...
there is someone of the old crew that will bring on seeds to sell soon B)
i was made aware that rez is back too (?)

i think it to be interesting how they now all of a sudden remember everything to the dot
after 25 years of silence, while people were asking all the time about its origins without
anyone having a clue ... it was the same with og kush, imo. and suddenly: knowledge :) 
(right in time for the new seedline/s in a few shops. overpriced, of course because its the
"original" *yadayada*)

i have to admit that the history of her is not so important to me.
love the plant, though. i am gonna work on my own "sansara" for
a while. it's a personal project (just like the "alchemy"-chemline).

looking forward to what they'll bring up, tho ... sours of any kind = i like ! :popcorn:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I waited for weeks for rez's first drop of that seed line, he sent me his link, and I ordered the Fire Crackers, Sour D, Willams Wonder BX1, there was one more and I that I ran back then. Seedfinder EU, to the rescue, Wille D. We loved the Firecrackers/Wille D,  far more then the others.

Can the word *original* even be used in cannabis breed talk anymore? We hope they will find something new on Mars maybe. That is what the rush to space is all about, new strains.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@santero & @webeblzr

you are both on point frfr. 
San, as soon as I started reading ur post I started smiling with humor and appreciation. You know the game MOs def and a huge reason why I sought u out particularly. I was trying to think of others but the @ and my recall weren’t cooperating lol. 

the new offering will be released by katsu bluebird. Apparently subscribers get the early alert on what’s coming.? And little grow tips for the newbies mainly. 

i looked on his sight just now but it’s it listed. He might do a ltd release before he puts it there but I doubt it. They are using Chaco’s SD that much I know. 

I did see of interest the Katsu bubba x star pupil as soon as I saw the pre 98’ I was like I rather have the katsu but instead and it was the next in line lol.  He had a couple more of interest I had already peeped. My budget will likely be reallocated to get at least 2 of his crosses. I almost cried when I lost my katsu cuts as I’ve mentioned before.., got a couple bubba beans regulars ?!? and 5 fem’s

no substitute for real katsu though imho. 

• Like 3

ah, yes.. chaco's sour aka. dhk cut... i know it well, have grown her since 2014.
jah and cristalin (USC) use the same cut as well ;) it's truly a wonderful clone.

imo, katsu is a guarantee for good weed. can't go much wrong if he chose the plants.
i grew his sour bubba, bubba's breath and bubba's sis and all three were killergood (!)

i grew and used katsu's bubba clone, the one called pre98bk and the one that went as
'original 1993' (sometimes also denoted as '92). not much difference to me between all
of them. they all were squat indicas with the toffee-coffey taste and superstoney effect,
that completely dominate their offspring when used as moms. i loved all the bubbas and
kept the '93 one for exclusivitiy, since everyone else tended to use one of the other two.

in europe the katsu cut is "easy to come by", when you ask the right people ...
hate to see my fellow grower needlessly suffer ... lemme c what i can do, mate.

• Like 3