•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
webeblzr

Auxin Whispering: a different take.

As I stumble around, trying to gather up growing skills, I do enjoy when someone kicks me in the naughty bits, and opens my eyes to something out of the ordinary.

I found this write up and pod cast, on OverGrow 2.0, Auxin Whispering: Growing Weed from a Free State of Mind. This has got to be the cheapest way to get bud.

There is also, a podcast, I usually do not bother with them, or I'll give them 30 seconds, and if the music and personal build ups are still running, BAIL.

The John Kempf talk is very illuminating to me. I'd be thrilled to give NPK the boot!! 

I found this as I attempt to make some keiki paste, and since cannabis loves to root, a 2 for 1 sale!!

https://overgrow.com/t/auxin-whispering-growing-weed-from-a-free-state-of-mind/62404

• Like 3

I will be using their information to reduce my food costs for the plants. I got a bag of calcium nitrate for $5.00 that will replace cal-mag and cns grow. Then a bag of vegetable fert, (tomato food) 4-18-38 for the P and K values, for $13.00. That replaces the cns flower juice. And  since I have a large bag of epsom salt for some magnesium, I do not need that. I'll also keep the Langbeinite from Dr Earth, for the occasional K boost. Since finding ReCharge a while back, (all my plants are loving it), and that is the final ingredient for a total nutrient profile.....if what I've read is correct, and I think it is.

I found their values to water ratio, so yeah, pennies on the dollar goodies, without loosing any of our plants good stuff.

• Like 1

I hate the expense added if it says it is for cannabis. I love the Urban Farms Fert lineup, very inexpensive and super easy to use.

• Like 2

I've been able to keep fish in the basement for a couple to a few years. I've grown a few vegetable's, but their cost ratio, is just way to high to keep them going. I was however using HID's, and the damned expensive bottled stuff. I did well with Dr Earth stuff, great products, each have a bit of a learning curve, but now again, costs to ship stuff is going crazy, I going to find a cheaper way to get the goods, with no sacrifice to quality. 

With my retired LED's, and now some extra space, and all the various pots and buckets, and old spent tents, and a roll of Panda, my tinkering fool side can run wild, in the basement garden world.

• Like 2

I mixed up my first batch of the nutrients I got from PowerGrow.

I mixed up per their instructions, I measured out 12 grams (2 heaping teaspoons) on my scale, of the Master Blend, maybe <25 cents worth.

6 grams (1 heaping teaspoon) magnesium sulfate Epsom salt. Less than 25 cents worth, maybe a nickel.

12 grams of calcium nitrate, maybe 25 cents worth.

I filled my water tote with 5 gallons of water. In my beaker, one item at a time, some water, and shake it, all dissolved quicker than I expected them to, 30 seconds maybe.

So I then checked the PPM's @ 600 and the PH was at 8.3, I used since I did not add the PH down to a graduated container, it was simply 1/3/4 scoops of PH down, but I will find that value.

Then I went off their receipt, and added a tablespoon of molasse's to my beaker, some water, shake it good, and into tote.

I then feed this to my young plants, and the *MOM's* I kept/made  from my big shut down. 

So 5 gallons of veg juice for less than a buck. I do not know where this goes, but if it is really this simple, I've have been paying about 90% over what I thought was needed. This could mean, a HUGE savings on nutrients per year. I've not really been all that concerned, until I read the above thread, and my damn brain would not let it go.

I'll soon start tomatoes, peppers, onions, spices using just PowerGrow items, but to flower, I'll need to add some Dr. Earth Langbeinite, Bio Alive, Neem Meal, maybe something else, to be determined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It has been only a single feeding so far, so I peeked in around 6:00am, as I start my day, and I got to say, they perked right up, with such a low PPM @ 600 when I checked it after mixing. I gave solution to everything I still have from seedlings to MILF's I kept. They were all upturned faces beaming like I feed them the expensive shit.

However WAY WAY to early to call this a win.

I'm so excited to reboot Outlaw, and get this area jumping. 

• Haha 1

I bought a box of Dr. Earth Humic Acid, I think it was $13.00 for 5 pounds. I used my dedicated coffee grinder to pulverize some, and some Langbeinite as both are chunky. I added a bit of humic into a tea ball strainer and into my tank with my cheapo nutes. Maybe $.10 worth.

• Like 1

Did someone mention cheap and effective? Oh yeah, that’s my style and was just talking about it the other day.
That’s why I will never buy expensive nutes  as the plants just want what they need and they don’t check the receipt. 

from the old stand by MG to the seemingly better Jacks we already know cheap works to give quality bud. 

Saved both videos on my YouTube channel but also plugged into my notes I just made for grow helps. 

@webeblzr u have my attention and your results of very good will have me follow suit. Money saved is money I can use for other things like maybe making more $$ !

what’s ur water ph out of the tap naturally. What ph down/up do you use ?

I’ve only used Lemon juice to adjust 12 yrs ago running 2 Hempy buckets and a coco coir plant. All went fine except one bucket = my learning curve issues most definitely. 
so when you used the beaker to mix you just added hot water and stirred to dissolve for each one ? 

My water value is 7.01, BUT it has 575 PPM's of particulate. I installed a much better whole house filter, and it's down to around 200 ppm's. 

PH Down, is printed on the gallon jug. It has lasted me for years now. When I ran just organic goodies, I gave PH the finger mostly.

I just finished up the last of the first batch. I'm going to increase the usage up to 14 grams/8grams/14 grams, of the goodies.

On 9/24/2021 at 4:37 PM, gardenartus said:

I hate the expense added if it says it is for cannabis. I love the Urban Farms Fert lineup, very inexpensive and super easy to use.

Which ones do you use for each stage? 

1 hour ago, Misterdirt said:

Which ones do you use for each stage? 

There is a whole thread, a really good one, think Ifish, Jetdro, Papaplag others were in it, figured out a whole math equation for using ferts with the Octopots. Texas tomato food for veg and Garden of Eden for bloom. Personally for some reason did not have good luck with the bloom line indoors but did for outdoor, others had great success. I just use TTF throughout indoors. outdoors I use TTF then after few weeks of bloom switched to Garden of Eden, had same issue outdoors, needs a bit more magnesium maybe nitro, just a touch.

• Like 1

I used the vegetable one for veg and Garden of Eden for bloom and I noticed it required plenty of additional Mg, both stages. My guess is that if I were still using HID, the Mg might not have been an issue. This was in soil, not Octos.

The veg garden loves the stuff. Celery particularly loves their vegetable fertilizer, with all that N.

• Like 2

Yep I think it is a bit light too. Needs more to be a true complete fert, but hell it is so inexpensive and easy to use.

I picked up 5 grams of IAA, and 10 grams of BAP from PowerGrown.com there is a lot of free reading over there!!

I got my grow chemicals at https://www.powergrowsystems.com/collections/nutrients there is a the whole grow, 3 product fertilizer bundled, from beginning to end, for years of growing for us small growers. I mean $20.00 for me, is golden, fuck paying for water transportation. 

I'm adding to mine some extra pulverized Langbeinite/humic acid, molasses, oyster shell, ReCharge. 

• Like 1