•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Sacred Plant Warrior

DIMPLED LEAVES

we've all seen some weed leaves have these dimples. yet ,i know that means something is wrong/not optimal.

can anyone tell me why this occurs and how to stop it from occurring or stop it once it has already occurred.

we still have some serious cannabis botanists around here so if you know please chime in.

Note = no guessing please just replies based on knowledge and experience with this leaf phenomenon. thx

indeed, there's no one more savvy about this, imo ...
pls hit us with a pic too for less guessing games ;)

On 10/13/2021 at 7:50 AM, santero said:

indeed, there's no one more savvy about this, imo ...
pls hit us with a pic too for less guessing games ;)

I went to take photos and then realized the serous dimpling was all gone from the plants that showed it. 

I still wanted to know the cause but now can’t show an example of it. The flip side is the plants are obviously doing better with the leaves appearing normal again. 

thx folks 

• Like 1

The stomata are unhappy.

Typically environmental, humidity and temps with over watering.

Plant uptakes but stomata doesn't open correctly.  Puffy leaves.

I would reduce watering.  If applicable, get environment in check.  

Wind might be a bit strong too.

The plant will normalize once stomata function normally again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I wonder if that's a little potassium deficiency, too.

My dim memory of my plant physiology class includes something about potassium ions (K+) being important in the mechanism for opening and closing stomata.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've had it happen but no clue why, had a feeling of overwatering, cause one of my plants was overwatered did that. Maybe I need to take some classes :) TY Hempyfan 

• Like 1

@Hempyfan @Misterdirt

thanks for the help most def. I’ve tried to make my watering better and wait later to water. The pots with the reservoir at the bottom are tougher to gauge because of the wait of the pots/medium naturally. 

so, it seems I have done better since most were showing that issue but now only the one BLG girl that was the runt. 

Ceiling fan gives a perfect light breeze not over stressing them with excessive movement. Temps are perfect but I can’t quote deg’s cause I still don’t have an accurate thermometer or humidity gauge combo.

Been looking the past couple years for them that are accurate and cost effective. it’s like all the gear is now shitty quality and I check non grow sites often too. Smdh 

@Hempyfan I am considering going to 20-4 instead of 24 hrs on currently. Sure save a bit of $. 
yet, I wanted to know how the plants feel about veg times less than 24hrs constant. 
as far as I know the plants appreciate the rest.

Also my lights are hitting them vertically and not from the top. It was just easy to set up like that instead of putting the tent up again just to veg. 

thx dude for your help. You’re one of the few who could write a pot book that wasn’t just a rehash of known info.