•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

An advanced taste (picked at 7 weeks) of the most mature Scarlet Begonias plant tells me this strain will be in my life for as long as I can keep the moms alive. To put it more succinctly: Holy shit.

• Like 2

That joker sounds right up my alley! Interested to see if that apple sticks around when she’s done.  Everything is coming along nicely man! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, krotchsak said:

That joker sounds right up my alley! Interested to see if that apple sticks around when she’s done.  Everything is coming along nicely man! 

This is definitely a breeder to explore if you enjoy a variety of different kinds of highly potent sativa doms. The Dark Hollow, which is an indica dom, is also spectacular. Powerful indica with a touch of "mind spark" to keep you interested and awake. The keeper has a heavy garlic scent. Another pheno has almost no scent. I doubt she'll be kept.

• Like 2

A couple of Scarlet Begonias, a Blueberry Butcher and a Dark Hollow have been chopped and are drying. Early impressions:

Scarlet Begonias: Only one pheno checked- the apple one. It now has developed a scent like a sweet apple slice that someone wiped under their sweaty armpit. (An improvement over my initial impression, that it was like an apple that a dog peed on). It is a high-flying sativa buzz, but needing no paranoia warning.

Blueberry Butcher I would say is roughly 60% sativa, but has the ability to make a newbie paranoid if over-done. The scent is strongly menthol/pine, with some fruity undertones.

Dark Hollow will NOT be replacing Peyote Pancake as my go-to, put-me-to-sleep indica. It's powerful, but it's got some serious mind spark. I typically have a heavy indica loaded into my Mighty vaporizer, on my night table. When I wake up at 2 or 3 AM, I draw on it for a couple of minutes, and spiral down to sweet unconsciousness. Well, when filled with DH, I was kept awake for at least an hour, maybe more.

I kind of doubt there is anything in the Irie Genetics lineup that can be used as a sleep aid. I think an Indican strain will be in my next seed run.

• Like 3

Scarlet Begonias #3 got chopped about an hour ago. Kind of a wine and roses scent. We'll see after a few weeks in a jar.

SB3_10wks.thumb.jpg.8ebb75b23c0dde4ef32c880525bda162.jpg

She definitely produced. Wouldn't it be amazing if she was also the keeper?

A few buds:

SB3bud1.thumb.jpg.1048e7ec54aec2ac17dcc7042d933917.jpg

IMG_7015.thumb.jpeg.f01b3b2a39cec2be66fbd885d2ed8882.jpeg

SB3bud2.thumb.jpg.05bc570a265130658959f21144c81f24.jpg

My Lemon Sunrise clone came down yesterday. She always produces more than I have any right to expect.

IMG_7011.thumb.jpeg.d1b3d8327eeafd9b2afd4066e5b16616.jpeg

IMG_7013.thumb.jpeg.e4666ae679903f139cdc7a01ce1788b2.jpeg

The big difference between these two is that Lemon Sunrise will make you jump. Scarlet Begonias is powerful, but doesn't have any raciness/paranoia about it.

I still have a couple of Blueberry Butchers, another Scarlet Begonias and another Dark Hollow to go. I doubt they'll see next weekend.

• Like 8

The last Scarlet Begonias came down, which was a small, unassuming plant. But also, larger Dark Hollow girl (GMO x Arise):

IMG_7026.thumb.jpeg.0a2513dfd41f076d49e3ee0a4f86a2a8.jpeg

This is an indica dom with some mind energy to it. Not the sleep aid I was hoping for, but very enjoyable weed. I would guess anyone using indica doms for pain would be able to use this during the day without slowing down.

IMG_7027.thumb.jpeg.6d72a22cf04c0e86f12f1abcb5d6f15a.jpeg

IMG_7030.thumb.jpeg.811c8b0dc0f3d5ba166a14ddca4fb0fa.jpeg

Smell had significant garlic in it, but was just deep, dark, danky and skunky when I chopped it.

I still have a couple of blueberry butcher girls going, but they might be coming out this weekend, amber or not.

Next run will include this Dark Hollow plant, a couple of the Scarlet Begonias plants, Peyote Pancake, Lemon Sunrise, MOTHERLODE and either Motherlode Kush or a strain from a breeder called "Lit" named Cinnamon Rollz (Pancakes x Runtz). This was a freebie. The only thing I know about Lit is their seeds are somewhat more expensive than I typically pay. I don't know anyone who has grown something from them.

I hate to only pop one seed and then judge the breeder by one plant, but that could easily happen. Sorry Lit.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Speedlandracer said:

Nice! I've got Motherlode going right now as well.

Those plants from the last grow look phenomenal. Are you going to chuck some pollen at those Scarlet Begonias?

At this time, I don't have a male I want to cross with anything. But when I start crossing Lemon Thai, I'm sure I'll try him on every keeper girl I have.

• Like 1

Everything looks great man! My pack of Scarlet Begonias arrived the other day. Found a California based bank selling a 10 pack for $50, and couldn’t fight it any longer. I’ve got 6 Pineapple fields soaking at the moment, but they are a few years old. If they should fail to pop, scarlet B may have to take its place for my sativa this run. His podcast episode has me interested on the whole phenotypic spectrum with the lineage she holds. F2’s would be a journey for sure….  Looking forward to seeing your next round with her. Will you be running cuts, or popping more?

I'll run cuts in 2/3 of the tent, and a few fems I've never grown before in the other 1/3. I can't get enough of the mystery of doing seed runs.

Eventually I'll have another "production" tent going, and I'll do seeds in one tent and clones in the other.

• Like 1

I'll do actual smoke reports soon, but I took Scarlet Begonias, Blueberry Butcher and Dark Hollow to a family get-together this past weekend. SB supply was finished by midday Saturday, so that should give an idea of relative popularity. B. Butcher was out by Saturday night, Dark Hollow stuck around until the end.

Someone else brought a Runtz cross, from a dispensary. There was plenty of that left.

• Like 2