•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
tacman7

Focus Question

Thought this would be a good place to ask a camera question maybe.

So in this pic I only get some things in focus, how do you get everything in focus?

I guess I need a different camera.

Thanks

es3.jpg

• Like 2

Macro photography is kinda tricky. For good depth of field (everything in focus) you need a longer exposure. Without a tripod it is difficult to use the exposure time needed because of motion blur. If you can put more light on the subject then you won't need as long an exposure to achieve a decent depth of field. Good luck

• Like 2

You need a camera where you can adjust the lens aperture. Some of the latest phones might have cameras that do that, otherwise you'll have to get a big-boy camera. Many cheaper point-n-shoot cameras will also have options where you can either set the lens aperture or the shutter speed. So you can get by with a less-than-big-boy camera for a couple of hundred bucks.

The smaller lens aperture, the greater the depth of field. Depth of field refers to how much is in focus.

As BeachBud alluded, the smaller the lens aperture (the higher the "f-stop") the slower the shutter speed you have to use. Light has to get into the camera one way or the other — you can either keep the shutter open longer (and risk blurry pics of you move slightly) or open the aperture up, and reduce the depth of field (less is in focus).

• Like 1