•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

Study: Cannabis compounds prevent coronavirus from entering human cells

Interesting article, states Raw forms of CBG and CBD. This is rather exciting if you think on it, this would be for the prevention of Covid, not just for treatment. Maybe we all should be juicing. You can get high CBG by pulling plants early.

Study: Cannabis compounds prevent coronavirus from entering human cells

• Like 3

Local plant makes good,

Cannabis-covid.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallb

Oh the delecious scrumpcious succulant irony, 

AF1QipNP0drr-fWBHNcMekgLjQOr0BCqAsuCLV4j

Someone in Argentina is all over it

They have a very good marketing dept  

Pretty sure the product name predates covid, they are just happy to help. 

Probably so happy they can hardly count, and that makes me happy.  Anything that helps us rub it into the face of those who would keep us from our plants.  

Personally I got the vax and the boosters as soon as I could sneak in under the fence.

To me the potential side effects of Covid are far worse than the potential side effects of a vaccine made out of Covid.   And I do my best not to spread it around.  Our state has had us in masks since the beginning, helps that work had me fully stocked up on n 95s.  Though years of sanding stuff in one has me douting their effectiveness givin how much dust I still blow out at the end of the day.  Does keep me from picking at my nose and grabbing stuff someone else will touch later on so its doing something. 

And I wear mine all the way up like it's designed, not sagging off my chin like a thugs baggy pants. 

However, I do not wear it in the car driving alone like it's a statement. 

So far as use;

I would imagine our regular bong rippy method of administration gets it to the place it it most needed.

• Like 2

I have been growing and making products out of CBD for more than a decade. I did not get a vaccine, had good reasons not to, and even discussed it with my doc, I hope all get it who feel safe. I ended up getting Covid in the beginning, a patient brought it to me. I already use a gram a day of THC Oil, so I added in CBD, upped my Vit D and Vit C, and rode it out. The long haulers fatigued lasted for 9 months. But I made it through, would not want it again ever, but made it through.

• Like 3

It's the acid version of CBD and CBG, right? CBDa and CBGa? Essentially don't heat it, and an extract would be the "a" form?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Misterdirt said:

It's the acid version of CBD and CBG, right? CBDa and CBGa? Essentially don't heat it, and an extract would be the "a" form?

Yep exactly, juicing would work, capping up the raw herb would work.

• Like 1

They probably don't have recommended dosages yet, but I'm sure people are trying to figure it out.

Too bad I gave away my Blueberry Quintessa seeds. I really have no idea how much CBD they had. The plants I grew out had very little THC, that's for sure. I would think dispensaries will start selling CBDa in raw form, as they do THCa.

• Like 2

Capping up Cannatonic 4 this week :) CBG when pulling plants early, might be hard to keep stable, that is one thing I need more info on, how to keep it from converting. I was thinking the same thing, I need info on dosing, how much do we need to use to actually keep Covid from attaching to the cells.

• Like 2

If this was an in vitro study, it would be pretty hard for lay people to figure out. What dosage does it take to bring CBDa concentrations up to the needed level?

I wonder if directly applying it somehow to the places of entry — nostrils, mouth, throat, would do it? Well, who the eff knows.

(Eff, because this is a family pothead website.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

None of the stories on the study have any info on the method of administration or preservation, or how they are keeping the A in CBDA.   That would be really helpful for us selfie meds and anyone trying to make a product.  

6b851cddd4cb94efe266a58eaca72d87a5b4200b

So rippin rec flower all day isn't going to work. :oeps

Is it possible to low temp vape these? Is there any info on the temps that get CBGA and CBDA to convert. 

If one could vape it below that threshold we got a tonic.

• Like 2

I emailed the gent that did the study for dosage information, hopefully, he will have information for us. Nope does not sound like THC would work, to be safe I would go with a high CBD plant. Vaping would decarb it, ridding the acid, so that would not work, not sure what temp you could safely use without knocking the acid off.

I don't believe they went any farther than this study, it was eaten, they just did not mention in what form or dosage. They probably need to study it more.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Scone_Of_Ark said:

6b851cddd4cb94efe266a58eaca72d87a5b4200b

Taking a break from my usual intelligent conversation threads to say, "Who's a bunny?"

• Haha 1

Thank you for your message and question about our research on hemp and SARS-CoV-2. Our research was preclinical, and clinical studies are still needed to establish recommended dosages. 

We hope to have an answer to your question in a few months.

Richard

Richard B. van Breemen, Ph.D.

Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences

Linus Pauling Institute and College of Pharmacy

Global Hemp Innovation Center

Oregon State University

353 Linus Pauling Science Center | Corvallis, OR  97331
P:  541-737-5078 | F:  541-737-5077 | E: 
richard.vanbreemen@oregonstate.edu

• Like 1

I found another article, you can not use THC at the same time. and it sounds like you would need to use a large amount of CBDa for this to be effective. Ed Rosenthal actually talked about this type of thing years ago in one of his books, need to track that one down and buy it. I don't always trust everything about the studies, but do use them as a guide. We really do not have any idea about the dosing.

https://consumer.healthday.com/1-24-can-cbd-help-curb-covid-maybe-but-more-study-needed-2656441689.html

• Like 2

Uh-oh, terrible news! According to the article:

"We tested THC. It does not work. Furthermore, when we added THC to CBD, it prevented CBD from blocking the replication of the virus," Rosner said.

Fucking great, THC! You rained on my parade!

Oh, I suppose I can forgive you...

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Misterdirt said:

Uh-oh, terrible news! According to the article:

"We tested THC. It does not work. Furthermore, when we added THC to CBD, it prevented CBD from blocking the replication of the virus," Rosner said.

Fucking great, THC! You rained on my parade!

Oh, I suppose I can forgive you...

LOL yep, we already knew that they compete for the receptors, you just need to use hours apart. Too funny

• Like 1

I have NO CLUE Where to Ask This, IS The Stoned Ramblings Section gone? If so I might not post much here any longer. Wanted to show off my new bath bomb mold, I am not starting a topic to do that. Where did it go? @santero

Oregon State University -  New reshearch found that 2 cannabinoids could block COVID-19. The two hemp cannabinoids CBDa and CBGa can actualy prevent the virus to cause covid from entering the human cells. (ref: Hemp Indrustry week Jan12, 2022)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steve said:

Oregon State University -  New reshearch found that 2 cannabinoids could block COVID-19. The two hemp cannabinoids CBDa and CBGa can actualy prevent the virus to cause covid from entering the human cells. (ref: Hemp Indrustry week Jan12, 2022)

That's what we're talking about. See the link in the first post.

On 2/2/2022 at 12:50 AM, gardenartus said:

I have NO CLUE Where to Ask This, IS The Stoned Ramblings Section gone? If so I might not post much here any longer. Wanted to show off my new bath bomb mold, I am not starting a topic to do that. Where did it go? @santero

hey yeah ... i saw that it was put on "hidden", but not by me ...
i have erased the last few dramatic posts and opened it up again ;)
many greetings

• Like 1

9 hours ago, santero said:

hey yeah ... i saw that it was put on "hidden", but not by me ...
i have erased the last few dramatic posts and opened it up again ;)
many greetings

TY!!!

• Like 1