•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
krotchsak

Rethinking my odor control

I got the call at work, it was the wife. “Hey, the house f***Ing reeeeks!” . Not a call you want when you’re 80 miles away, and live in a “oh-so-close” state. Luckily, we hoard ona jelly jars so she quickly put them to work, while slowing the exhaust to a crawl. "Ok, it’s working” she assured me, after a quick mosey of the yard. I’ll tell ya, an 80 mile drive is a lot smoother knowing the tailpipe of your funk closet isn’t spewing your business to the world. Upon arrival home, I popped my head into my attic, and was met with the presence of “clean linen cannabis”. Good smell for a candle or fabric softener perhaps , but not for my attic. Time for action.

I check ductwork connections, and inspect for tears/holes. I checked the fan housing for damage. Nothing

Now this only leaves the carbon as the culprit. A Can33 with less than a year under very reasonable cfm load. My rh has been in check, and the pre filter is not needed a cleaning yet. I’ve used Can33’s for years, with total confidence. I’ve, replaced it with a *brand new backup*, but now I believe I’ve outgrown the Can33.

My problem now lies in the fact that this sucker is already huge in my 3x6 tent. With multiple cob’s and a hlg setup, roof space is at an all time premium.

do I?
A. Rock the Can33’s and implement ozone into the attic space?

B. Buy a bigger filter and vent the whole space the tents are in. 6’x7’x8’ closet.

I appreciate it!

I recommend making a space that you exhaust your grow room into with rated filter and fan for that area.  Too big is an issue as it is with too small.

I have seen many times people use a barely rated fan and it essentially is underpowered in reality for their situation.  More angles and such with ventilation can cause this easy.  

- grow room filters into another area.

- that room is then filtered again as it is exhausted outside.

In periphery areas add ozone or ona smell products or whatnot.  Good for entry areas and such.

I would change my filters every 1/2 year to 3/4 year.  I never pushed it.

Keep grow area clean as possible.  Check for dust build ups such as ontop of lights and such.  If dusty there, that's caked in your filter too.  This is more important than most appreciate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great information hempyfan,  the double filtration sounds like my best option. Recently also switched to the ACinfinity fans and I’ve had my doubts compared to the inlines of yesteryear. Thanks again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hempyfan said:

I recommend making a space that you exhaust your grow room into with rated filter and fan for that area.  Too big is an issue as it is with too small.

I have seen many times people use a barely rated fan and it essentially is underpowered in reality for their situation.  More angles and such with ventilation can cause this easy.  

- grow room filters into another area.

- that room is then filtered again as it is exhausted outside.

In periphery areas add ozone or ona smell products or whatnot.  Good for entry areas and such.

I would change my filters every 1/2 year to 3/4 year.  I never pushed it.

Keep grow area clean as possible.  Check for dust build ups such as ontop of lights and such.  If dusty there, that's caked in your filter too.  This is more important than most appreciate.

You seriously need to write a book and have your forum set up to bleed off the book. The knowledge you have is amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1